Why I Chose a Credit Union: Advantages of Credit Unions in Wisconsin
September 3, 2019
If you’re with a big bank, you might be more 🙁 than 😀 … but, how does everyone else feel? Let’s find out.
When it Comes to Service, Credit Unions > Banks
Big banks are just that … big. Credit unions are run by real people, for real people, and that often results in superior 1-to-1 service.
As the American Consumer Satisfaction Index explains, “Credit unions offer better in-person service than banks,” and goes on to say, “Credit unions also lead banks in speed of service at branches (88 to 85) and call center satisfaction (84 to 81).”
Historically, credit unions have scored higher than banks in all aspects of member service. The Street reports, “a 2017 American Customer Satisfaction Index Finance and Insurance Report shows that respondents rate credit unions with higher satisfaction than banks, scoring 82 out of 100.”
Local Credit Unions, Big Perks
Because credit unions are not-for-profit, they can often give more back to the communities they serve. In other words, your money stays local versus going into stockholder pockets. The Street elaborates, “According to a report by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA), credit unions in New York provided average financial benefits equivalent to $85 per member and $178 per household in 12 months ending March of 2018.”
Why do our members love Unison?
We asked—they answered.
• 32% said it’s convenient to work with us.
• 13% said the loan rates are competitive.
• 13% were referred from friends and family—the people they trust most.
• 9% said they switched for access to awesome service.
• 7% said they switched to gain access to the right financial products.
Our members often say they like having access to our Member Advisors who will help you with products and services at all our branches. Because we’re a local credit union and not a big bank, we promise you’ll be greeted by nice people, great service, big benefits, and fewer fees.
Need more info?
We don’t blame you—the choice of a financial institution is a big one. Click here to learn more about the difference between credit unions and banks, the products we offer, where we’re located, and much more.
We’re a credit union, so we care about people by nature. Explore these articles to learn how we’ve been able to help Fox Valley families reach goals and do more with their money.
• How Smart Savings Practices Helped a Young Fox Valley Family Plan for the Future
• How a U Choose Loan Put a Roof Over a Wisconsin Family’s Head
• How Refinancing Helped a Fox Valley Truck Driver Make More Family Time
• Financial Help for a Growing Family in the Fox Valley
• Paying for College with Credit Cards: How We Helped a Dad Get out of Debt
Ready to switch?
Our Member Advisors are near you in Kaukauna (North and South), Little Chute, Grand Chute, Wrightstown, and De Pere. Stop in to see them or drop us a line right here. We can’t wait to hear from you! If you want to read more about becoming a member, click here.