eNews: August 2023
August 30, 2023
Do you have a Health Savings Account (HSA)?
If not, do you know the advantages? A Health Savings Account (HSA) can help you lower your taxes, pay for health care more easily and even save for retirement. HSA’s are only available with high-deductible health plans. You can use HSA funds to pay for eligible health care expenses and for out-of-pocket costs your health plan does not cover.
What are some additional benefits of an HSA?
- No federal income tax. You aren’t taxed on money you put into it, or on interest earned in an HSA account. You also don’t pay tax on withdrawals for qualified medical expenses.
- No expiration date on funds. Your HSA contributions carry over from year to year and don’t expire. The money stays in the HSA until you use it.
- Possible use for spouse and dependents. Sometimes, you can use your HSA to pay for qualified medical expenses for your spouse and dependents, even if your high-deductible health plan doesn’t cover them.
- You own the HSA. You can keep your HSA, even if you change health care plans, employers, or retire.
There is no fee to set up your HSA and with rates as high as 3.04%APY*, you can start earning interest today! Reach out to a Member Advisor today.
Let Unison put you in the driver’s seat during the car-buying process.
If you have your heart set on a shiny new or used car, you may be tempted to run out to the dealership and start negotiating. But if you aren’t preapproved for a loan before you start shopping, knowing how much you can borrow beforehand can be difficult to calculate, and you may not know what cars you can afford to buy.
- Get pre-approved before you shop. Our Member Advisors can help you determine what you can afford before you go to the dealership.
- Shop for vehicles from the comfort of your home. We have partnered with GrooveCar to give you 24/7 access online to shop thousands of cars from dealerships locally and all over the United States!
- Avoid the hassle at the dealership. Sometimes you can feel pressured at the dealership and not sure what a good rate or payment looks like for you. Start with your friends at Unison to help put you in the driver’s seat today!
We once again partnered with Police Lights of Christmas for their Annual Cops@Culver’s event. Unison pledged to match ALL donations up to $5,000 at the Little Chute, Grand Chute, and De Pere Culver’s locations! All money raised from the event goes towards purchasing gift cards to help neighbors in need that officers come into contact with while on patrol this Christmas Season.
Pictured are representatives from Unison Credit Union, Police Lights of Christmas and Police Officers from the City of Kaukauna, Grand Chute and Fox Valley Metro
National Suicide Prevention Month
During the month of September, we are teaming up with the Center for Suicide Awareness to raise money for their continuous work to help bring awareness and break the stigma surrounding mental health. For every new Unison Facebook follower during the month of September – we will donate $5.00 to the Center for Suicide Awareness! Help us by supporting Unison and this great cause! Follow us today!
Just a reminder that our offices will be closed on Monday, September 4th in observance of Labor Day. We will open with regular business hours on Tuesday, September 5th.